Thursday, April 25, 2024

Next Gig

The month of May is just around the corner and I will be getting geared up for a trip to Emporia, Kansas once again to attend the Gravel Cycling Hall of Fame awards ceremony, and hopefully, the group ride which happens at 11:00am Wednesday May 29th. 

The plan is to leave Tuesday and stay overnight in Kansas City because I want to take Mrs. Guitar Ted to a Korean restaurant. I heard there is a good one there and we do not have that sort of opportunity here. (Got any suggestions? Let me know) 

This plan will allow us to not have to leave Waterloo, Iowa at some ungodly time to get to Emporia by 10:30am. Sleeping overnight in KC will allow for a reasonable night of sleep with plenty of time to get to Emporia since the travel time is about an hour and a half, maybe a little more. 

I'm thinking the group ride will use the same route as last year's ride which wasn't anything too rough. There was one steep climb and that wasn't too bad. So, I am thinking I will take the Honeman Flyer to Kansas so I can have another State ridden on the bike added to the list of Oklahoma and Iowa so far. 

There is no real pressing need to take anything else to ride so I think that'll be the plan. Now I just need to stay on top of my fitness and get in some rides and that should be good for this gig. As far as the GCHoF, I have been asked to be a presenter, so if you are going to the ceremony proper, I apologize ahead of time! Ha! Nah..... It'll be fun. 

And with that, I suspect that will be the last gig of the year as I have often said here that my new job requires me to work Saturday's and taking more Saturday's off is not good for me or the Collective.

1 comment:

MG said...

I was hoping to be able to make it down to Emporia to see you and Mrs. GT, but it's looking like the scheduling isn't going to work out. Bummer...