It's soon to be October and with that the regular "Country Views" posts will likely cease for 2026. You never know, but I suspect "Brown Season" posts will be coming sooner than later.
I hope to get in a couple longer rides yet. Weather permitting, of course, and speaking of weather.... It's been a rotten stretch for weather here for months. You have to think the odds have to change here and we'll swing to more favorable riding conditions soon. I'm hoping so.
I'm planning on bringing back the "Virtual Turkey Burn Ride Challenge" again for 2026. In case you are new here, the VTBRC is a challenge for you to ride a metric or full century ride (100 miles or a "metric" which is approximately 63 miles) between Thanksgiving Day and November 29th, 2026. That's four days to "git 'er duuuun!". You decide the course, the bike, and when you want to ride in those four days. Of course, I encourage gravel and dirt, but you do not have to do this that way. More details as the day draws closer.
Late November will be filled with recaps of VTBRC reports sent to me. Last year this took up the first week or two of December as well. Then it will be on to the end-of-year recaps which I have done here for many years now. Those include monthly highlights, bike reviews of bikes used during the year, and final looks at things like 2026's best images and people from 2026 who made an impact on my year here.
Then it will be a final look at 2026 and a post on New Year's Eve to look forward to 2027.
Twenty-twenty seven! What?!! How can this be already?
Stay tuned......
Press release due at 11:00am CST. Make sure you come back to check it out!

No comments:
Post a Comment