Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dirt Wash

<===One of these days, I'm going to do a woodland camouflage bike.

Well, yesterday wasn't a very good day, and that's all I'm going to say about that. I'm going to start moving on from that, and the first thing I did yesterday of consequence was to go for a mountain bike ride.

My mind needed a "dirt wash". 

Any ol' bicycle ride would've helped, I suppose, but for best results, I like to get alone and away from as much of the world as I can. "World" being anything civilized, that is. Well, fortunately I can get away fairly easily. The woods of the South side of the Camp are pretty canopied, even though it has been logged. It used to be dark everywhere under that wood. Now it is a brilliant strobe effect of dappled light as you ride through the trails. Still, it's a feeling that is good, like you are a million miles from it all, when you really are not. Good enough that it works for me to clear my mind of the junk, ya know?

So I got cleansed, so to speak, by riding the dirt, and while the issues from yesterday are still there, it sure helped to get away for a bit. 

3 comments:

Wally said...

Good on ya Mark. Here's to better days ahead.

Ari said...

I hope you feel better. Working at a bike shop in the summer can wreck my nerves. I am ready for some rain and cold weather so i can take a break.
ari

James said...

Sometimes, life sucks. It's then I am most glad to ride a bike.