This was taken Friday morning on my commute into work at -8F. Yes- it was cold, but I was prepared.
(As always, you can click on the image to make it viewable)
The build list is as follows:
- Salsa Cycles Mukluk frame/fork. Size: 19"
- Wheels: Phil Wood SS 135mm rear used as a front hub/Phil Wood 170mm custom rear laced to Surly Rolling Darryl rims with Sapim butted spokes and brass nipples. Custom "guitar strap" rim strip by Ben Witt.
- Tires: Surly Larry 3.8" with Surly tubes.
- Brakes: Avid BB-7 with Ashima 185mm front and Avid 160mm rear rotors (Rear will be changed to match the front later) Levers: "Cheapo" Avids. Standard cables, Jagwire white housing. Rear has customized line near rear caliper made from two brake noodles, some Nokon silver anodized housing, and a Jagwire in-line adjuster.
- Crank set: Older Bontrager Race Lite ISIS Drive 44/32/22T
- Bottom Bracket: TruVativ GigaPipe 100mm ISIS
- Pedals: Welgo platforms in powder coat white
- Chain: SRAM PC-951
- Cassette: 12-36T Shimano 9spd.
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X-9
- Front Derailleur: Shimano XT Direct Mount
- Standard derailleur cables, Jagwire full run housing in black.
- Shifters: SRAM X-9 Twisters
- Grips: Cut down Ergon GP-1
- Head Set: Chris King 1 1/8th, blue lower cup, orange upper, and silver compression cap with blue top cap. One 3mm headset spacer.
- Stem: TruVativ Stylo 100mm 31.8mm clamp.
- Handlebar: Ragley Carnegie's Bar Carbon pre-production sample, no graphics, Kevlar wrap gives it a mustard color.
- Seat Post: Bontrager carbon OEM take-off. 27.2mm X 350mm, aluminum single bolt clamp.
- Saddle: Bontrager "Inform" RL in white
- Seat Clamp: Salsa Cycles Lip-Loc in anodized blue.
- Bottle Cages: Velocity Bottle Traps in main triangle, one Bontrager Race on right fork leg, all in white.
- Pogies: ATV Classic- (Farm and Fleet sourced for 20 bucks)
- Skewers: Salsa Flip Offs, 135mm/170mm in black anodized.
Thanks: Salsa Cycles, Milltown Cycles, Surly Bikes, Jason Boucher, Ben Witt, "The Conspirators", Chris DeStefano, Chris King, Europa Cycle and Ski, "Mrs. Guitar Ted", and ayone else I may have forgotten......