Sunday, May 20, 2012

3GR Report

Ali and Ritzy Country Home
If you didn't catch my report elsewhere, I actually did get a camera in the kit for the 3GR Friday. Not only that, but I actually got it out and used it!

Once again it was just a duo out on the gravels. My co-worker Ali came along for her first gravel grinder. I think it all worked out okay for her. We did sort of figure out she is a natural born single speeder, which was cool.

I was also cool to see that she was doing just fine on the 70's era Kabuki with 27 X 1 1/4" tires. No flats, seemed to be just fine. Only issue I heard was that she experienced a bit of tire spin on a steeper climb.

So next week we need to see a few more of you out there. Bring any ol' bike, get your riding gear on, and let's ride in the country. It is fun, challenging, and you'll see stuff you can't see riding the bike paths and paved roads.

Hope to see ya out next Friday at 5:30pm at Gateway Park. 

1 comment:

Exhausted_Auk said...

Wish I could join you for the 3GR, but parents in town, then away on vacation. It will be a few weeks.