Saturday, April 23, 2022

Well, A Trip Is In Order

The first class will be inducted June 1st in Emporia.
 Earlier this month I gave you all the news that I had been inducted into the new Gravel Cycling Hall of Fame. This means that there is a ceremony and that means I have a trip planned to attend that coming up.

I knew that this was a possibility, so I had put off planning any rides or attending any events previous to and during that time. I have a very limited amount of chances to do things and very limited amounts of funds to do anything with. That said, I want to thank the GCHoF for their travel and lodging offer to get me there, which helps me out a LOT!

Now I have the details of the events and the timing is set. June 1st, at the Grenada Theater in downtown Emporia, Kansas, there will be a banquet at 6;00pm for the induction ceremonies. Tickets will be sold for the event,  (Link here) , and there will be two options- A dinner ticket for the floor level which will be $75.00/person, or an "observer" ticket, which will go for $10.00 and get you a seat in the balcony.

That's a Wednesday night, so I'll only miss a day of work, and that's good! And I'll be back for the weekend, which is also good. So, I just wanted to put this alert out there in case you wanted to check in on me while I am at Emporia. I should get there by early afternoon on the 1st, be at the ceremony, and if all goes as planned, I'll stay overnight at a local Air B'n'B and head out after breakfast the next day.  (Unless they plan a ride or something I am not aware of at this point) 

I'll be posting more as I find out.

2 comments:

FixieDave said...

Awesome

MG said...

Right on. I hope I’ll get to see you down there.