![]() |
| Image courtesy of MRCC social media |
Well, this map I saw the other day from the Midwest Regional Climate Center may help you understand why. In the last 134 years in the time period between August 1st and September 23rd, Iowa has had the 7th most rainy precipitation ranking.
Which translates into a lot of cloudy, rainy days which you probably did not ride. Lightning is not listed in this data, but yeah.... A lot of those days were filled with lightning as well.
This also does not list the days it was brutally hot and humid with "feels like" temperatures over 100°. Those are days I do not ride as well since I am prone to heat related issues.
So, as I sat here the other day watching it rain (again!), I was somewhat consoled by the fact that I wasn't crazy. It hasn't been the greatest end to Summer or beginning of Fall here.
Two months of hit or miss riding opportunities has hurt in many ways, I certainly am hoping October pans out a bit differently, because, well.....After that, it's going to be Winter, and getting any meaningful rides in the country in November and December is never a good bet.

1 comment:
I sure hope October plays out differently too… for the weather and for my body!
Post a Comment