Thursday, January 03, 2008

You'd Think It'd Be Quiet Now

The New Year, winter, ice cold outside, and everybody is in "hibernation mode". Yeah......you would think things would be quiet now. Riiigght! It is anything but quiet!

The thing is, "quiet" is the operative word now. Yep, that's right, I can't say a word specifically about any of it. I know, I know.......why did I even bring it up! Well, just to say that there will be several things on many fronts that will be revealed in the coming days.

Some of these "things" are professionally related, some of these "things" are personally related, and some of these things are tied together both professionally and personally. I can't wait to reveal them to all of you, but I can't yet. I have to be "quiet". Ahhh..........patience! They say it is a virtue!

One thing I can talk about is the recent press release concerning Fox Shox and their "no-no" to mountain bike's experimentalists out there. Especially concerning the 650B and 29"er DH freaks out there. On one hand, it can be seen as a legalistic maneuver to head off any possible litigious activities stemming from the (mis) use of their products by the aforementioned tinkerers. On the other hand, it looks like an opportunity for making some money is being missed here. I would think that a small tweak to a production run of F-100's would solve the problem for the "B" freaks. The DH guys? well, there are too few of them to mess with. They are still out on their own on that front, I'm afraid. However you see it, it is an interesting development, and it certainly doesn't help the "Pacenti-ists" out there looking to extend the kingdom.

My take on it is that there are guys doing this and they know up front it is un-approved territory. I think the Fox lawyers were just looking for a reason to be and found this to crow about. Not that it is a dumb idea on their part, but hey! What mountain bike part doesn't get experimented with, ya know? It all seems a bit strange, doesn't it?

Oh well, at least life in Big Wheeled Land isn't boring right now. That's a good thing! You'll see!

No comments: