Saturday, June 13, 2009

This Makes Me Smile

I don't remember how long ago it was, but perhaps it was at Trek World last August. But anyway, I had a conversation with a Bontrager dude, or maybe it was somebody else with Trek. At any rate, I do remember telling these guys that they needed to tweak out something on their time trial bikes that just didn't ever make any sense to me.

Now you can say this story is B.S., or that I am looking for a pat on the back, or that I made this up, but whatever. I mean, I don't give a rip anyway, and why would it matter to me? I'm about as likely to ride a time trial bike as I am to drive a NASCAR race. So take this for what it's worth. It made me smile, and that's the point.

I told the guys at the Trek Show that they needed to hide the brakes in the fork blades. I thought it was nuts that it hadn't ever been tried before, since aerodynamics were so important, yet the calipers on the fancy TT machines were always kind of just after thoughts. Bolted on however they could to "hide" them from the wind. So I figured, why not really hide them? Put them inside the fork blades and make them hydraulic. Better to get rid of those pesky cables after all.

Well low and behold, lookee here.

Now I ain't sayin' I had anything to do with this. But I got a kick out of it.

It's about time, I say!

No comments: