Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday News And Views

Trans Iowa V5: Here's a reminder of what Trans Iowa is.........We are informing you all that are in the event that if you don't agree that you are on your own, that you are responsible for yourself, and that this is being undertaken of your own volition, then don't take the start.

Read that and consider it carefully.

Healthy Development: 29"ers seem to be popping out and developments seem to be occurring despite the sour economy. I can not divulge all that I know, but suffice it to say that there are things happening out there just as much as they were last year, or the year before. Frankly, I am surprised by that, but there you go. Look forward to new announcements soon.

Local Trails Opening Up? I will be doing some recon on some local trails again in the coming week. I am expecting to find much improved conditions since the last foray I made into the woods. I think that trails will be rideable in spots, but if I see a longish section, or even a loop that is rideable, I'll be surprised. But, it has been real dry and windy of late, so who knows?

Welcome Spring! That's right folks, today is the first day of spring! I keep hearing folks say we're in for one more snow, but I'm not buying that. I think we're done. My weather prediction, for what that is worth, is that we'll have a dry, windy spring. We'll see how that pans out, but don't expect me to take a position as a weatherman anytime soon!

That's it. Have a great weekend and ride on!

No comments: