Saturday, March 05, 2022

Gent's Race 2022

Going- You should as well.
 Well, it's official now. They tell me my name is on the roster, anyway. My team has been in contact with me, and all systems are go for the time being. So, I best be getting some miles in now....

The surprise announcement was that this will be the last Gent's Race ever. After 12 years, they are going to call it quits, so if you ever thought you might want to, well.....you might want to now! You won't get another chance at this one. 

I was at the very first one of these, and for me, it was a big day in my gravel riding history. I made new friends, and we had the same team for what? Nine years running, that showed up every year? Something like that. 

My team from the first Renegade Gent's Race in 2011. Image taker unknown

Since that year a lot has happened in all of our lives, and but for one individual, we've managed to get together nearly every year for this event. And since this is the "last hurrah" for the Gent's Race, well, how could we all pass this up? 

If you aren't familiar with what the Gent's Race is all about, hit this link and see the site

Meanwhile, I will be trying to pile on some miles so I won't be the "anchor" of the team this time! I figure I need to do a few 40-50 milers before I get there in a little less than a month from now. The event is April 2nd, by the way. 

Here we go...

No comments: