Saturday, March 26, 2022

Busy

Building wheels, amongst other things.
 Well, after my ride last Monday the weather certainly took a turn for the worse. Cold, rain, and even some snow showers! Not the sort of weather I want to get out in to. 

So, in place of that bicycle riding I would have done, I have somehow landed a few jobs from local folks wanting things done. I mentioned that earlier this week as well. Anyway, the timing on getting the work has been good, considering the weather. 

The jobs have been fairly time consuming, and when I could squeeze in a moment or two to get them going again, I did. That had to be between running my two kids around, neither of which own, or even could drive, a car. They use public transportation when they can, but that is so hard to do because of the bus routes and times the buses run that I end up being "The Bus". 

Anyway, getting to do these repair/wheel building jobs I have is not as easy as you might think. Then if something needs ordering- well that's a big delay too. Like I say- I'm not trying to get jobs from the area, these folks are seeking me out. I'm not wanting to step on anyone's toes here that does bike business, and I don't have the necessary connections anymore to get stuff I might need in terms of wholesale. I have to buy the parts like any ol' person would. So, I try to patronize the local-to-me shop for those things. 

And all of this is pushing off the next phase of the Guitar Ted Lube-Off. Which, as I look outside and see everything wet, cold, and dirty, is probably okay as well. I don't want to test for dry conditions performance when it is like this out there. So, if you've been wondering where that test was at, that's what is up.

If the weather people are to be believed, this cold, damp pattern is to persist for a bit too. So, I may be putting this 'Lube-Off' for longer as well. I'm sure it will be cold and windy a week from today, at any rate. It's the Gent's Race weekend!

No comments: