Friday, January 23, 2009

48 Laps Around The Sun



Yep, today is the day I started this lap race called Life a looong time ago! It's been a great trip so far, and I plan on making many more laps yet.

Anyway, it's kind of funny really, birthdays and all. I mean, you get all hung up about certain things concerning age and what not, especially in this culture. I mean, I am over 30, so I'm not to be trusted, or dead, or both depending on your beliefs. I am over the hill, old and in the way, and irrelevant, if you pay attention to pop culture at all.

I say "Whatever!"

Heck, the other day I was thinking about my age, (Like for the first time in months probably) and I was amazed I am the age I am. I thought, "Really? I'm that old?". I know I don't feel that old! And how is that supposed to "feel" anyway? Heck, I haven't a clue!

Again, "Whatever!"

I remember back when I worked on cars, and it was my birthday. I told every person that day I saw it was my birthday. I thought, "Why not?" I'm not afraid of getting older, or what anybody thinks of it. Well, my co-workers thought I'd popped a screw loose. Oh well! I thought it was fun!

And isn't that what it's all about? Celebrating life? Having fun living it? I sure think so.

Give me bike, a long route, some friends to share it with, and I'm good. See ya down the trail on one of my future laps!

No comments: