Friday, January 02, 2009

Looking Forward To......



<===I'll be getting a new camera for work and for taking better shots than I can get now, for one thing!

Well, 2009 is here and there are several things I'm shooting for and planning for the year, some of which I want to write down here. In no particular order....

#1: Riding even more than I did last year

Last year was a record year for consistent riding for me. I want to build on that for 2009. I'm not going to commit to saying "I'll do this or that" just yet, because I want to keep my options open for the time being, but suffice it to say that more dirt is on the menu for 2009!

#2: Get better writing skills and photo skills Well, this goes right along with my work, so no surprises there, but I want to be better at what I do. Better at the blog here and better at Crooked Cog stuff. Where I write, I want to do it even better than ever and when I take a picture, I want it better than I have ever done. No matter where that is. There is a lot to learn, and I'm willing to take it all in.

#3: Revive the artist part of my talents Yeah, I play guitar, but what a lot of you do not know is that I used to do painting, drawing, and jewelry work. I've let that slip over the last 15 years. Well, there is a project I agreed to doing that will help revive that end of my interests, and honestly, the photography stuff I have done helped me realize I was neglecting something I shouldn't be. Look for some tidbits on that to start creeping in from time to time.

#4: Have fun with my family and friends This may be the most important thing of all. If I can't do this, then the rest won't matter. I am also officially declaring that I am not participating in this recession/depression either. That will only get in my way of accomplishing this goal. So, if I seem a little flippant about some stuff that others are wringing their hands about, you'll know why! I'm going to enjoy my time with friends and family to the fullest extent that I can, because someday things will be different, and the time to make memories is now. So look out!

Well, that's just a taste of what will go down in 2009, and more than half of it I don't have a clue about yet. I am excited to see it all unfold, the good and the bad. Here's to a great New Year for all of you too!

No comments: