Thursday, December 18, 2014

On The Radio

After almost 10 years of blogging, I have added a microphone to the battered G-Ted desk
The new Riding Gravel.com collaboration has me doing a podcast now. That is something I have been on a few times in regard to being a "guest host" for the Trans Iowa Radio thing, but now I am a co-host with Mountain Bike Radio's Ben Welnak. Our show, centered around gravel road riding, is called the Riding Gravel Radio Ranch.

Ben sent me a podcasting microphone that showed up just the day before yesterday. With all the hullabaloo surrounding the day in regards to my family affairs, I didn't even crack open the box until yesterday, just mere hours before we were to record, and my wife, the resident techy talent, was off to work. I wasn't going to be able to lean on her for assistance if something was beyond my abilities to understand.

No worries though, as my musical background and the good instructions had me up and goofing around with mic levels before you knew it. Then we got "on air", and for the next 2.5 hours we had a great time with our guest, Bobby Wintle of District Cycles talking about his background, his shop, and his idea dubbed #unlearnpavement. The show link is HERE for those who want to check it out. Be forewarned! It's a long show so maybe it might be best to listen in when you've got a couple hours to spare! That said, it's got a lot of great stuff in it. But I'm biased!

So, a big day yesterday as we got into the first "real" Riding Gravel Radio Ranch. Hopefully folks dig it and there will be a lot more to come. I have to say that it is a bit more enjoyable than blogging!

3 comments:

eBikeADV said...

Oh man...I'm really excited for this!

Ben Welnak said...

Hey Even,

It's on Mountain Bike Radio feed.

Here is the Stitcher link:

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/mountain-bike-radio-blog-talk-radio-feed?refid=stpr

We also have a standalone app.
Here is all the information you'd need about how to listen: http://www.mountainbikeradio.com/howtolisten/

Thanks!
Ben

Guitar Ted said...

@Evan Baird: It already exists: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/mountain-bike-radio-blog-talk-radio-feed?refid=stpr

Happy Listening!