Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Trigger Pulled

A 2012 Big Dummy will be coming home here to live soon.
Last Friday I made the statement for the umpteenth time that I should look into getting a Big Dummy. I've been dancing around the issue for years. Literally years. So, when a friend saw that post, he suggested to me via a text message that I stop over and see him. He happened to have a little something to show me in his garage.

Well, last night I went over and took a peek at the thing. It was, of course, a Big Dummy. It was in excellent condition and was set up, ironically, just about exactly as I would do it. That was crazy. Anyway, here I was, standing right in front of a perfectly good Big Dummy set up how I'd like it, and the price was fair. If I walked away, I was not going to find myself in that situation again, that was for certain. So, it was a no-brainer. 

I said "yes".

There is a bit of stuff I have to do with getting the money rounded up to get the transaction done, but this is going to happen. Especially after I test rode it around the guy's driveway. It was so obvious that it was 1000 times better than my Xtra-cycled Schwinn it wasn't funny. I couldn't say "no".

Anyway, here we go. I finally did it.

I got a Big Dummy.

10 comments:

Steven Butcher said...

Congratulations!

Doug Mayer said...

Yay bike truck! I've borrowed one a few times; they're a great tool to have. So much so that my wife got one :-)

Ari said...

That is such a great machine. I am glad you found one!

Robert Hingtgen said...

Congrats!!

Stud Beefpile said...

Welcome to the fold!

coastkid said...

Ace!!!
look forward to your posts on the BD!

Mac said...

Congratulations!

Gravelo said...

Just a guess here, but does the name Striker play into this storyline?

Guitar Ted said...

@Gravelo: Why yes- yes it does.

Steve Fuller said...

I have a damn good idea where that came from. It's been well cared for. :)