Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A Long and Winding Road: Part II

I was at work with Mr. 24 today when we got a phone call:

Ring!.....

G-Ted: "Europa Cycle and Ski, how can I help you?"

Voice: "Hello, Is this Mark?"

G-Ted: "Yeah!"

Voice: "Hello! This is Matthew Lee......" (!!!!!!)

Yeah! That Matthew Lee. The one that was just about to set off on an epic adventure/ race called the GDR! I was floored. He called me with about an hour and a half to spare before he had to depart from Banff, Alberta Canada. He wanted to discuss some details concerning his GDR blog. Anyway, I just was amused and so surprised by that call. Matthew really wants to get the word out about the event, so as a favor to him, I encourage all of you to not only check out the blog, but to pass it along so others can enjoy what Matthew and the others are doing. Matthew seems to really care about the GDR and the efforts he has gone to to get the word out show it, at least I think so.

That phone call still makes me smile!

You think he'd have more important things to be thinking about an hour and a half before depart!

No comments: