|Laid out to dry|
The first part happened and, well......the second part kind of did. A broken rear spoke sent me packing back home just after getting started. I didn't have another bike ready and I would have needed about the same amount of work on any of them to get out again. Well, any of the gravel rigs, that is. I've got lot of tubeless maintenance to get through, and then I should be golden, but I've been putting it off and now this. Bah!
Anyway, I decided that this other thing I've been putting off- namely the washing of a couple of my wool jerseys- was now a thing to get done. I have certain practices I employ when I wash my woolens and they have proven to be effective in keeping the jerseys I have used this practice on in tip-top shape.
Essentially I just hand wash them in a big five gallon bucket I have. Then I lay them out in the Sun to dry, and the windier the better. Well, that described Wednesday to a "T", so I went to work on that. Now my "Summer" weight stuff is ready to be put away for Winter.