Monday, May 31, 2021

Memorial Day

 It was first called "Decoration Day". My old relatives when I was younger all called it that. The day you went to observe the deaths of, remember, and adorn the gravesides of those relatives who had died in the family. 

I had no idea that it had anything to do with marking the sacrifices of those who had given their lives in service to this country, and more specifically, those who died in battle in the Civil War, until I was much older. Funny how that worked back then. 

Anyway, no bicycle related stuff for you today as I take this day off the blog to honor those who make doing such nonsense, as in writing blogs, possible today. Those who gave up their lives doing what they were sent to do. 

For all the rest of us.......

Thank You.

See you again tomorrow.......

No comments: