Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'm Outta Here!

Hey folks! I am prepping for my Sea Otter sojourn today, so a "lite" post for ya'all. Lots of stuff is going down though. Sea Otter is getting used by many more companies to release new product news and to demo the latest in cycling gear. I already have heard/seen the following:

Specialized Epic 29"er and carbon Stumpjumper S-Works 29"er

Rocky Mountain Bikes is expanding its 29"er line up with a FS rig and race hardtail

Niner showcases it's carbon fork, which should ship soon.

And the list will grow, as SRAM holds a huge press conference every Sea Otter, Shimano has some bits to show, and who knows what else will surprise me there.

But I have to get there first!

Anyway, I'd like to take this opportunity to also release news of my own. The Cyclist is the new site that I and Arleigh "Arsbars" Jenkins have cooked up to replace the Crooked Cog Network of sites that is going into sleep mode now that the administrator/domain owner is pulling the support for those sites and getting out of the web media business. Twenty Nine Inches will probably be up for awhile yet, but eventually it will also go into "static" mode at the will of the domain owner and everything will be over at The Cyclist from that point on.

The new gig has pages each featuring one category: Urban/Commuting, "Big Wheeled Bikes" such as 29"ers, 650B, and 36"ers, technical stuff- clothing, hardware, and the like, and finally a section for budget minded things to go in. There are RSS feeds for each page, so if you don't want to weed through the site, the feed can direct you to the articles of interest to you.

Anyway, that's all for today. I gotta get going!

Later!

No comments: