Sunday, July 09, 2006

Not a Good Day!

Got up early today to do a recon ride for the G.T.D.R.I. today. I set out about 5:15 am. Right away, I felt strange. Sleepy, lethargic, and I had trouble concentrating. No worries, I thought. It'll pass. Well..........it didn't!

I got about 20 miles into it and I just was getting worse and worse until I broke out in a cold sweat. Then I felt better, for awhile. Then it started coming back. Well, needless to say, I turned around and cut it short. Something wasn't right. I was yawning all the way home, which I know from past experience means that my body is not going to take a high level of stress for much longer. I got home, showered, and fell asleep for five hours. I felt not much better the rest of the day.

I'm not sure if I picked up a flu from a co-worker at work who was sick last week or what, but that's the way it goes sometimes. I learned along time ago that it's best to take your lumps and heal up to come back another day. Trouble is, I don't have much time or chances to recon the course left to me. It may affect some other decisions I have made. We'll see about that later.

On a better note: Congrats to Jeff Kerkove on another win. He is really on top of his form and looks the best that I have seen him look. That means one thing. Look out for him at Nationals! I wish I could be there to witness it, but I have previously scheduled commitments. That is going to be an awesome event!

Hope ya'all had a better weekend than me!

No comments: