Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Virtual Turkey Burn: Reprise

From the 2021 Virtual Turkey Burn
Last year I ran the following idea by you all and it was well received, garnering a few great ride reports. So, N.Y. Roll reminded me about this and I thought, "Why not do it again?" The worst thing that could happen is that N.Y. Roll and I do rides out of it and share them here. 

Following is a cut-and-paste from last year's post

I propose a "Virtual Turkey Burn Century". Here are the parameters for participation:

  1. Pick a bike. As stated, the more 'forlorn, forgotten, and neglected' of your choices, all the better. But also- Run what ya brung. If you want to use your favorite, most used bike- go for it. 
  2. Ride a "century". Metric or full-on hundy, I don't care. Pavement, single track, gravel, back alleys, whatever. You decide. 
  3. Take a picture. Take several if you want to. Digital works best for this.
  4. Send me your pic and a few words with a name I can credit to. 
  5. Do this between Thursday, November 24th to Sunday November 27th. (Thanksgiving 'weekend' in the USA) You can do a century over several days even- if you want to. Whatever.
  6. Send in your pics and words to g.ted.productions@gmail.com by Tuesday November 29th. I will put up a "Virtual Turkey Burn Report" Saturday December 3rd, (or after- Depending upon the number of submissions)  showing off everyone's submissions. (That is, if there are any daring enough to actually do this deal.)

You can join in the fun or just come back to see if anyone actually did something and read about it here. I am committed to the idea, so there will be one report, at the least. What do you get as a participant? Just a fun activity and possibly an infamous reputation from having your images and words posted on Guitar Ted Productions. Sorry, but if you participate, thems the rearwards folks! This ain't no fancy-pants organization here. If you get laughed at by your peers for having your stuff show up here, well then, I am sorry, but I warned ya! 

Okay, that's the plan. Now..... GO!

No comments: