|Get out your "Nearly Favorite Bike" and ride!|
You should be thanked again and again for reading the blog. You really don't have to, you know, so I do appreciate you all. However; I must ask that you be careful for what you wish for, because sometimes a wacky idea which you present to me gets turned into a 'real' thing here. Such is the case concerning a comment made last week by "Unknown" in the comments on Thursday's post about my Standard Rando v2.
The idea was that perhaps I could call for a 'virtual' ride to be done on your bike which you have maybe left out of your plans more than you might like over the past, oh I don't know.....year? Last few years? Whatever. You don't necessarily even have to do this on a 'forlorn, forgotten bike'. It could be your favorite one. No matter. Here's the deal......
I propose a "Virtual Turkey Burn Century". Here are the parameters for participation:
- Pick a bike. As stated, the more 'forlorn, forgotten, and neglected' of your choices, all the better. But also- Run what ya brung. If you want to use your favorite, most used bike- go for it.
- Ride a "century". Metric or full-on hundy, I don't care. Pavement, single track, gravel, back alleys, whatever. You decide.
- Take a picture. Take several if you want to. Digital works best for this.
- Send me your pic and a few words with a name I can credit to.
- Do this between Thursday, November 25th to Sunday November 28th. (Thanksgiving 'weekend' in the USA) You can do a century over several days even- if you want to. Whatever.
- Send in your pics and words to email@example.com by Tuesday November 30th. I will put up a "Virtual Turkey Burn Report" Saturday December 4th showing off everyone's submissions. (That is, if there are any daring enough to actually do this deal.)
You can join in the fun or just come back to see if anyone actually did something and read about it here. I am committed to the idea, so there will be one report, at the least. What do you get as a participant? Just a fun activity and possibly an infamous reputation from having your images and words posted on Guitar Ted Productions. Sorry, but if you participate, thems the rearwards folks! This ain't no fancy-pants organization here. If you get laughed at by your peers for having your stuff show up here, well then, I am sorry, but I warned ya!
Okay, that's the plan. Now..... GO!