Now that the rims are freed up, I can measure them, measure the hubs, and calculate the spoke lengths. The spokes which came out of the old wheels are actually not bad. I may employ some of them if the measurements agree.
The rims are in great shape. No dings or big scratches. I do still plan on de-stickering them. I will be ultra-careful with those two TLR rim strips. They are a little delicate along their edges. Fortunately both look reasonably good and reusable.
That was the big hurdle to get over. Especially removing those tires. That was quite the chore! Once I got past the removing of the tires things went a lot more quickly.
I'm not sure when I will get to the construction phase at this time. I have to measure everything and figure out spoke lengths. Then I'll have to see what I have in reserve for spokes and decide if I am ordering spokes or not. If an order is necessary, (and I am betting it will be necessary), this will take a bit longer and I may not get the wheels built until later in September.
But whatever. The deconstruction phase is over. Time to move on.

No comments:
Post a Comment