Friday, August 03, 2007

The Badger Has Landed!




Well, it's here and in my hands. Let me tell you, I had forgotten just how sweet Rob Pennell's work is. Very Nice!

The color just doesn't photograph well. It's more of a "dirty orange". One person said it reminded him of his Dad's old Allis Chalmers tractor. Hmm....okay, I guess that's as close as anything I could come up with!







The panel also would not come out right in a pic. It's actually a creme, or antique white color. It looks great next to the old gold borders.














The sticker that says it all!










I'll be taking some time to build it up. I will need to modify, and massage some stuff to my desires. For one, I want all silver components on this. It's already a classy looking frame and fork, and I feel the silver bits will be in keeping with that theme.

Also, it's a drop bar specific frame, so I'll be checking into some options for shifting. One thing I can say, it will not have STI levers! I think they look awful. Just my opinion. What it will have, that I can say with certainty is a Thompson seat post and stem, and a silver Chris King head set. I'm also leaning towards Chris King silver ano ISO disc hubs. Rims? I would like to go tubeless, but they will have to be silver. I may have to do some work on that! Brakes will be Avid mechanical discs and I might break out the polish on those calipers, ala Niner's show bikes. Jagwire cable housing in silver or gold or......? I haven't decided yet. I'll also have an off road drop, obviously. Whether that is a Midge or a Gary bar, I have not decided, but either way, It'll have to be made silver.

So you can see there's a lot of work to be done here! This won't get done anytime soon.

In the meantime, I'll be busy riding my bike on the Guitar Ted Death Ride tomorrow. You should ride your bike this weekend too! Have a good one!





Head Badger!

No comments: