Sunday, February 19, 2017

When The Hammer Comes Down

No snow, 65+ degrees, and people are golfing. On February 18th!
So I was out riding gravel and thinking that I was just slightly overdressed.  I had a long sleeved wool jersey on and a base layer up top with a pair of bib tights on. Now this is mid February and I was originally thinking that this was so awesome. I mean, generally it is very snowy at this time of year, cold, and often we get these "Alberta Clippers". Those systems which dip us below zero for a night or two before we warm back up to the upper 20's/lower 30's in the daytime.

But this hasn't been the case at all during February 2017. It has been more like mid-March instead of February at all. The snow trails for fat biking have turned to ice and mush. Off road riding is off limits for the time being. It just got warm enough for the roadies to break out their rigs. Gravel roads are perfect right now. This is weird. Then it hit me.

Nature seeks balance.

So, I am thinking things are going to swing hard the other way in March. Talk about coming in like a lion. It's going to be cold, nasty, and windy. Mark my words. I am no weatherman, but I have noticed how things go often times.

Hopefully I am wrong, but I don't think I will be.........


4 comments:

Unknown said...

3-5 inches and 40 mph winds in Minneapolis on Thursday, then back to the freeze/thaw cycle and studded tires. Oh well, I got to work on my tan.

Phillip Cowan said...

I think you're right. Mother nature likes to preserve her averages. What"s it going to take to balance out a 65 degree day in February. Hmmm....

Zed F. said...

Either that or it'll be a hot summer.

Cory said...

@ phillip Cowan I have seen snow storms in March that get people stranded for days in their farm houses. I think you're right.....we are in for a March like that after this month.