Monday, September 19, 2022

Cleaning House

Time to clean out some stuff again.

 It was a busy weekend with work and with family stuff. I spent some time down in the Lab cleaning, rearranging stuff, and thinking. I ended up donating a few items to the Collective, and I think more will be coming out of the dark hiding places later which I will also donate to the Collective. 

I dunno..... I guess I am in a "de-cluttering phase". The swirling mass of detritus in the lab gets me off track a lot of the time and I don't need distractions. I get 'ideas' and I run down a rabbit trail with possibilities and next thing I know I am exhausted and I go back to something else, leaving the Lab and all the chaos behind.

 To that end, N.Y. Roll and I were batting around the idea of a "lawn sale" of  bike parts. Kind of part 'swap meet' and part 'garage sale'. There are details to be worked out, but the more I thought about this the more I like the idea. I have a LOT of stuff to, as some say, "move on down the road". 

And I know a lot of you readers would be interested, but here's the thing: This is stuff not worth shipping. I'm talking about old pairs of tires, old, old wheel sets, and components that are lightly used, but which I cannot ask a lot of money for. It would cost me way more in time and materials, not to mention cost to ship, than this stuff is worth. 

So, this is for the locals, most likely. 

There might be an addition or two on the "Guitar Ted's Garage Sale" page if I find something worth shipping.  Some of the stuff on there may end up at this theoretical 'lawn sale' as well. 

Anyway....that's what I did most of the weekend. I was sorting through stuff I need to divest myself of now. Thinning things down, making my life about things I need versus "The Things" I have. I have far too much 'stuff' and it needs to be gone.

5 comments:

Tman said...

We have a great swap held at a local Brewery!

Aaron R. said...

Singlespeed Brewery in Waterloo would be a great place for a bike/bike part swap meet.

Guitar Ted said...

@Tman, @Aaron R - The brewery/swap meet deal isn't going to happen unless someone else organizes it. I've got way too many irons in the fire for me to get involved with another production.

DT said...

Do you have any interest in receving old (but usable) parts at the bike co-op? I just moved, and as part of my unapcking I planned to thin out the herd much like you are. There are some local swaps here in WNY, but I'd be more interested in not spending the time and energy marking prices on them and setting them up for sale. Mailing a box to Iowa (and the thought of actually making someone else's life marginaly better) is much more appealing

Guitar Ted said...

@DT - We do accept parts and often are able to use these to enhance the quality of the bikes offered at the Collective. If you decide to do this just send me an email at g.ted.productions@gmail.com and I can get you sorted.