Monday, March 16, 2015

Driven Southwest

The Mountains of the Chihuahuan  desert.
It's been two years since I've made this trip, and although a lot of the route is well known I always seem to forget how loooong it really is. What is always amazing is how drained you are when all you've done is sit on yer bum and twiddled a steering wheel for 12 hours, then another 10 the next day. Even my family passengers are zoinked today after we made it all the way to our destination. Just sitting around in a car. Kinda weird.

Anyway, here we are and to visit family and goof off for a week. I may sneak in something two wheeled as well. We'll see. In the meantime I am using a foreign (to me) Apple computer. I know many of you out there are huge Apple computer fans, but the whole interface and user experience is, well.......not very intuitive. I figured out my PC all by myself. Give me an Apple computer and there are so many things I can't get done because the way you do things is really convoluted to my mind. I know........don't even bother defending Apple you Apple fans. I've been shown a million times "how easy and simple" it is, but trust me- Apple and I just don't dance well together. Whatever the reason, I am a PC guy.

But that's off track. Back to the topic at hand.....vacation! Posts will be maybe a bit weird this week, but ......ya know- come to think of it, that isn't any different than normal, right?

1 comment:

Michael Lemberger said...

The Mac OS and Windows interfaces have been growing closer for a couple of decades now, but I'm still all thumbs on a PC. It really comes down to what you're used to.