Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Final Gravel Worlds Prep

Cue sheet production for GW 2021 Trans Iowa style.
 The final run up to my Gravel Worlds 2021 attempt is coming along well. Sunday morning I got the cues formatted into a Trans Iowa style cue sheet standard which I find easier to use. I suppose after 10 plus years of using this style of formatting it would make sense that I would like this better. 

As I mentioned previously, Gravel Worlds often had about 8-9 sheets to cover their course. I managed to get it squeezed down to six. So, I was pretty pleased with that. I also condensed in a couple areas that seemed superfluous to my way of understanding directions where the GW sheet was overly complex. 

The plan is to build up each sheet on card stock and 'self-laminate' each with packing tape, which I've done a lot in the past. It works, but it may not be the prettiest. I also will bring the original print out as sent by Gravel Worlds as a back-up, should the odd-ball loss of my sheets happen for some reason.  So, I should be good there. 

I'm charging the Lezyne Super GPS up here and so that should be good to go. I'll do a quick test of that later today. I need to top up the charges on the Ravemen lights I'll be using. I also will stick a fresh battery in the Olympus TG Tough camera so I won't have to worry about that running out. I'll have chargers for the iPhone and Apple watch in the travel bag. That should take care of the electronics. 

Hopefully the rest of the nutrition lands today or tomorrow. One of my items arrived Sunday, so that was nice to see. I have to bring a couple of things from home, some ibuprofen tablets and some turmeric capsules that I use. Chamois creme! Can't forget that. I've been using this Honeybutt Chamois Creme with Manuka honey in it that seems to be really agreeable with me. Gotta track down the family supply of suntan lotion. I'll ask Mrs. Guitar Ted, she'll know where to find that! 

I've got the clothing thing dialed. I'm going with the no-gloves and Sun sleeves approach. One of my frequent commenters, "Wilson", will be glad to know that he influenced me to stick with the base layer. I'll be taking one of my brand new Twin Six base layers and wearing that underneath my Summer-weight Merino wool jersey from Bike Rags

Okay, gotta get to work on a few last minute details. Buttoning this deal up now........

1 comment:

Ben said...

Best of luck at Gravel Worlds - hopefully you'll get some of this decent weather we've been having lately make an appearance! I was planning on it, but my appendix decided it needed to come out last week and I'm off the bike for at least a few weeks.