Thursday, December 28, 2023

Bikes Of 2023: Salsa Cycles Titanium Mukluk

 It's another December here on the blog. You know what that means? Yep! Another round of my bikes I used in 2023. This round-up will not include some of the bikes I did not use this year much, or at all. I focus only on the bikes that played a big role in my riding during this year.  

As always, any changes or future plans for any bike I feature will also be detailed. I hope that you enjoy this year's round-up. Note; Throughout December there will be a lot of double-post days. Scroll back to make sure you haven't missed anything!

The Ti Muk 2 ready for whatever Winter throws at us.

The Salsa Cycles Titanium Mukluk, or "Ti Muk 2" as it is known as here, is in regular rotation as a commuter bike and sometimes MTB/Gravel bike around here. This is a 2015 model with a Advocate Bikes Watchman aluminum fork on it. It got the name Ti Muk 2 because it is the second titanium Mukluk I have owned. The first was a 2012 model.

Last year I upgraded the drive train and the lighting unit, so this year was basic maintenance and adding some accessories. I like the Old Man Mountain Juniper Trunk bag and the 45NRTH pogies I have on the bike now. This Winter should be a great one for getting around town with this set up. I also fashioned a new, much better looking rear "fender". More like a splash guard, I would say. I'll be interested to see if it does more than the old set up did for me. I am hopeful it will. 

There could be a gravel or off-road adventure on this bike in the coming days. Stay tuned....

No comments: