Thursday, December 14, 2023

Bikes Of 2023: Noble Bikes GX5

 It's another December here on the blog. You know what that means? Yep! Another round of my bikes I used in 2023. This round-up will not include some of the bikes I did not use this year much, or at all. I focus only on the bikes that played a big role in my riding during this year.  

As always, any changes or future plans for any bike I feature will also be detailed. I hope that you enjoy this year's round-up. 

The current state of the Noble Bikes GX5

The Noble Bikes GX5 didn't get out as much as I'd have liked it to during 2023, but I did get the odd ride on it done here and there throughout the year. This is a bike that may be unfamiliar to those outside the Guitar Ted Productions realm, and I understand that there are not many of these out there. 

What is also different about this bike is that it is a kind of a "cousin" to the Raleigh Tamland Two, as one of the engineers that worked on the Tamland project designed this bike. Therefore it is a fairly close rendition of a Tamland, in terms of the geometry, done up in carbon fiber. That's a good thing, in my opinion. 

I think the only thing I changed on this bike was the handle bar tape and I added that Ergon OrthoGel stuff with that. Besides that, this bike wasn't used much as a test mule for 2023 and thus the reason I chose other bikes (the Twin Six Standard Rando, mostly) to ride instead. 

That may change coming up. (Review item incoming) If that change happens then the GX5 will start seeing a lot more action. But even if it doesn't, this is a great bike and there is not much out there new that I'd want to replace this with. I keep thinking this bike is older than it is, but it is only (barely) four years old and going on five. That may be "old" for some bikes, but this one does all the things I'd ever want or need out of a carbon frame set, with minor exceptions. So, for the price I'd have to pay to "upgrade", it hasn't seemed to be worth it yet to do so. 

Until, or if, that ever happens, expect to see more of this bike here in the future.

No comments: