Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Bikes Of 2023: Twin Six Standard Rando v2

 It's another December here on the blog. You know what that means? Yep! Another round of my bikes I used in 2023. This round-up will not include some of the bikes I did not use this year much, or at all. I focus only on the bikes that played a big role in my riding during this year.  

As always, any changes or future plans for any bike I feature will also be detailed. I hope that you enjoy this year's round-up. Note; Throughout December there will be a lot of double-post days. Scroll back to make sure you haven't missed anything!

The Twin Six Standard Rando v2 from Fall this year.

The Twin Six Standard Rando v2 saw the majority of gravel miles that I put in during 2023. That was mostly due to it being a test mule for a handle bar and the WTB Gravelier saddle, (which is still on it), and a set of Pirelli tires as well. 

I also received, tested, and wrote a review for some Enduro bearings parts which were installed on this bike also. So, you can see that a LOT of stuff needed to be ridden and this is why I used this bike to the exclusion of some of my other rigs in 2023. As an example, I only ever rode my Fargo Gen I as a commuter bike because I had to do most of my gravel rides on the Standard Rando.

This years Guitar Ted Death Ride was done on the Standard Rando and ended up being my longest ride of 2023.

Not that riding this bike all the time was a bad thing, but seeing as how tire clearance is limited to a 43mm-44mm sized tire, I sometimes would have rather been on one of my other bikes that have larger tires. Or my lighter Noble GX5, for instance, on that long Guitar Ted Death Ride I did this past Summer.

Changes? They would be minimal going forward. I already swapped back to my preferred Salsa Cycles Cowchipper bar and I may swap out the Gravelier at some point for the more comfortable Silverado or the Ergon gravel saddle which I have on the Noble GX5. But the wheels, the drive train, and that sort of stuff is remaining unchanged here. I'll even probably run out those Pirelli tires on this rig until they wear out.

No comments: