Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Bikes Of 2023: Singular Cycles Gryphon Mk3

It's another December here on the blog. You know what that means? Yep! Another round of my bikes I used in 2023. This round-up will not include some of the bikes I did not use this year much, or at all. I focus only on the bikes that played a big role in my riding during this year.  

As always, any changes or future plans for any bike I feature will also be detailed. I hope that you enjoy this year's round-up. 

The Gryphon Mk3 fresh out of the Lab.

 The newest bike in the stable is my Singular Cycles Gryphon Mk3. This bike represents the culmination of a dream bike that I have chased for years. I wrote a series of posts on the blog earlier this year called "Fat Tires On Gravel: From Krampus To Gryphon". That was back in July.

The Gryphon is my MTB, touring bike, and fat tire gravel bike all wrapped up into one. I have already had it all loaded out and test ridden on single track and I have done an adventure ride with it as well. I am looking forward to using it more and more during 2024. 

The only change I've made so far is to review that Tumbleweed Big Dipper bar and I put a 20mm shorter stem on it as well. Oh! And I tested out those State Bicycle Co. brakes on it, and they are still on there. In the future I may look at alternative wheels for this, but keeping in mind that this has a 15mm front through axle, those wheels would have to be non-boost MTB types, most likely. That or an end cap swappable front. But I am thinking of a set of smoother, fatty touring wheels and tires for pavement. 

I would like to spend more time doing some long gravel rides on the Gryphon in 2024

Next year I look forward to maybe, finally, getting a sub24 using this bike in the books. Maybe this long 2 day tour on gravel as well, which I have had mapped out for a year and a half at this point. But time will be found, the bike is the biggest hurdle, and this one can do these things I've been dreaming about. 

So, without the burdens of a schedule of review stuff to get through, (at least at this point), I maybe can get around to doing this stuff more often, or at all. Time is running and won't be waiting for me to find it.....

No comments: