Tuesday, December 05, 2023

Virtual Turkey Burn Reports: Kurt Frank & Ben Doom

The final two Virtual Turkey Burn reports are shorter and with less visuals than Tom's report had yesterday. So, I am combining them together into one post. First up we have "Kurt's Metric Turkey Burn Report" which came in without any images. I'll let Kurt explain....

" Mr. Ted,

I accomplished the metric riding 3/4 days. I traveled pavement, gravel, trail, and no trail in daylight and darkness and ultimately through the snow. I have no documentation because frozen old I Phones tell no tales. They are also useless for navigation and communication which did cause some distress, more so for my family than me. Maybe a person should plan to ride a little earlier rather than a little later in the day this time of year? Thank You for the blog Mr. Ted. You are a prolific and entertaining writer.

Kurt"

Thanks Kurt! Congrats on persevering and getting that metric in over several days! You did better than I did.

Next up we have Ben Doom, a noted long-distance cyclist from Central Minnesota and a Trans Iowa Vet (T.I.v7). He sent in the following images and a bit of text. I noted that we had some snow down our way and I asked how bad it was for him during his long ride. Here's his response with his images following.

" I had no idea it was going to snow!  No ice. Climbing out of the saddle the rear wheel slipped some. It’s time though. Let it snow!"

Bike: Rodeo Labs TrailDonkey 4.0
Ride: long way to my wife's grandma's house for our 2nd Thanksgiving
Weather: First snow! Not much but fun.


 



Impressive ride, Ben! Thanks for submitting those images for us to check out. That gravel in Minnesota sure looks a bit different than what we're used to here in Iowa!

This brings to a close the 2023 Virtual Turkey Burn. Thanks again to Tom, Kurt, and Ben for playing along this year! 

No comments: