Thursday, December 08, 2011

The Training Rides Begin

With the Triple D Race coming up sooner than later, I had thoughts of getting on the stick and training. Riding the set up, tweaking a bit, and checking things off my list needed to start happening.

Monday evening I got in a bit over an hour, but my current lighting is not all that great. In fact, I thought I was really in for a bad ride at first. Of course, (and I really hate to admit this), but it is the first night ride I've done all year! Well, maybe I did one other one.  But whatever. I have not ridden at night in a long time, and I had trouble seeing well.

It came back to me by the end of the ride, and things weren't so bleak, but these lights I have are marginal at best. I found out today that help is on the way though. I am to be getting a Lezyne Supedrive light and it's already "in the mail", so soon I can test that out on some night rides to get the hang of riding at night again.

The bag set up seems good. I am going to ad a Mountain Feed Bag to the handle bar though for easy access to grub. Grub will be important! I may re-arrange a few items in the bags as they are, but basically this is the set up.

Image courtesy of Milltown Cycles
Oh yeah. There is one other, small, minute, inconsequential detail that I need to attend to before Triple D.

Rumor has it that titanium Mukluk frames are in.

Rumor also has it that I may, or may not be buying one to set up as my winter bike. I can neither confirm, nor deny that this may be the case.

If that should be a rumor that is true, then I would be looking at a big swap over project from my current Snow Dog to the titanium bike. Well.........if it was true and all!

And if this were to be the truth, then what would become of the Snow Dog? Oh, I've got some ideas! Definitely. I've got some ideas. They include using a pair of Uma II 70mm rims I just happen to be sitting on down in The Lab. 

But......you know,  it's all a moot point unless I do actually get this rumored titanium Mukluk frame. Stay tuned.......

5 comments:

Doug said...

if you have the means, go for it! life is too short not to ride ridiculously awesome bikes.

Steve Fuller said...

Make sure you chose foods that don't freeze easily for storage in your mountain feed bag. I can tell you from experience, that Clif's shot blocks take some time to thaw once you put them in your mouth,

MG said...

That Ti Mukluk definitely qualifies as rediculously awesome... As an owner of three Ti Salsas already, I sincerely wish I could afford another.

Anyone wanna' buy a Salsa La Cruz Ti?

Steve Fuller said...

MG - You are evil. You know it will fit me, and that I don't have any Ti in my garage...

MG said...

Steve, let's chat soon...

Cheers,
MG