Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Fallout



<===Look closer. It isn't the pic you might think it is!

Well, Trans Iowa V6 is on to the next stage now. Registration is over, and now I have some course recon, details, and paperwork/e-mails to take care of. I just wanted to point out that there will appear to be more than 75 folks on the roster for awhile due to a couple of reasons. #1: I forgot to put a guy in that was one of the first to register, and #2: Volunteers from last T.I. are eligible no matter what as long as they let me know by November 30th. (One guy has taken me up on that with a rumored two more folks coming)



<====Carbon goodness.

The Specialized Bicycle Company was kind enough to send out this stellar hardtail, a Stumpjumper HT Expert Carbon 29 model. It's a nice rig, and I'll be writing it up over on Twenty Nine Inches

So far I've only gotten a couple of rides on it, but if the weather holds out, I'll be sportin' it at the Turkey Burn at The Camp come Saturday. Hope to see a few of you locals out there.



<===Got her dirty!

The trails should be okay by then if the rain that we are getting now stops tonight, and it shows every indication of that.

Oh yeah- I'll have another cool rig along with me at The Turkey Burn you won't want to miss. If one of these two rigs fits you, you might even get a demo ride. So, there is a carrot for ya if you were on the fence about coming to the Turkey Burn Saturday morning at Camp Ingawanis.




<====Hey! I know that guy!

Well, I still want to show a few Trans Iowa entries over the next few days. Here's one I got Monday morning. It was waiting for me on my bench when I walked in the door.

It's Troy Krause's entry. He of DK 200 fame and GLGA fame. (Yes- he won GLGA and came in on the podium at DK 200)

But as far as I am concerned Troy is most famous for coming out after winning the GLGA to pick my sorry carcass up on course after I had to pull the plug. A winner picking up DNF-ers? Yep! Class act this guy, as far as I am concerned. Well, for that and this..............



<===Awwww! Ain't that sweet!

........he sent flowers with his entry. Somebody was paying attention and knew I liked flowers. Especially wild ones, and that is what it reminded me of. Thanks Troy!


I'll post more entries in the coming days, but that's all for this post.

No comments: