Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Touring Tuesdays: The Road From Here

Well, I want to first thank everyone for following along as I told the stories behind my two big cross country tours back in the 90's. Getting to tell these stories was a big kick for me, as it was something I wanted to do for years and the blogging format finally gave me a reason to put that stuff out there. Again, thanks for putting up with my story telling!


So, the question is, what happens to "Touring Tuesdays"? I have been thinking about this since mid-summer as I was planning out the telling of the "Race Against Death Tour". I had absolutely no idea what I was going to do- if anything- until I wrote the last entry to the final big tour story last week. I was thinking about those times- pretty crazy times- that went along with the mid-90's era where I worked at a bike shop and right afterwards a car repair joint. I figured some of those stories would make for some fun reading, so I have come up with an idea.


I thought I could relate some of those crazy stories from the era of my first bike shop job. I can't promise that they all will be riveting reading, or maybe all that interesting, but I will put it out there and let ya'all decide. I will be calling it, "Bike Shop Tales", and it will include things like what it was like working in this shop, the day to day stuff, nights on the town, bits and pieces of my life from then, and even a few ride stories.


I'll post it every Tuesday, but it won't be "Touring Tuesdays", of course. For some of you, that will be enough for you to tune out, but I thank you for reading. For the rest of you, hold on for next week and the first edition of "Bike Shop Tales". I guarantee you'll get to read some stuff that will surprise you about me!

No comments: