Sunday, January 27, 2013

Getting Back On The Horse

Alien Robot Technology?
As I stated earlier, this was a tough week. I figured it was recovery issues post Triple D. But now I think I have a mild case of some sort of virus.  My legs feel like they are full of lead and I don't have any get up and go. That and the cold made getting out rough for me.

Saturday did not dawn much better. I felt really tired even after sleeping all night really well. I decided to wait and see how I would feel later. After a late lunch, I felt good enough to go shake down a test bike or two for TNI.com. I came back pretty bushed, sweating, and feeling like I'd just done three hours of riding. Meh......

Well, the good news is that I got a lot of wrenching done. Converting tires to tubeless, tuning, setting up a bike, and working on the new to me Vaya. I spent the most time getting stuff and ideas pulled together for the Vaya. It looks like it'll be a 2 X 10 with SRAM shifters and rear derailleur with a Shimano front derailleur and a Shimano 10 speed DynaSys cassette.

I was a bit bummed when the WTB Nanos wouldn't fit the front fork, but I have an idea for some tires that I need to order here this coming week. Another bit should arrive this week, and if I can find the other confounded brake lever, I'll be well on my way to getting this one road worthy.

Just in time too, by the looks of the weather coming......

6 comments:

KC said...

As a Vaya nut I can't wait to see how your build shapes up!
I think someone suggested these already but if you want a really solid tire the Vee Rubber 12 in 29x1.95 is great. The tread is almost identical to the old Bontrager XR1 but sets up tubeless much easier.
http://veerubberusa.com/bicycle/Bicycle.php?name=VRB-325%20(Vee%2012)&type=Power%20Series

Doug M. said...

One can never have enough orange bikes ;-)

JYB said...

Airborne Hobgoblin???

Guitar Ted said...

@JYB: :>)

MG said...

... will be interesting to see how you like that Airborne.

Guitar Ted said...

@MG: Well, I will tell you that I am not very enamored of the 940gm a piece wire beaded tires and 240gm each tubes. (I bet you know what will happen next there!)