Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Bikes Of 2020: The Black Mountain Cycles MCD

Here is the BMC MCD with the Spinergy wheels mounted.
 It's THAT time of year again when I have my year-end reviews. This series will cover my bikes I used during 2020, any changes made, and why I still like each one- or don't! Thanks for reading!

Black Mountain Cycles MCD: This bike has been around now a couple of years plus and has been a big part of my riding since it has gotten here. In fact, it seems that a lot of the people that come here also are interested in this bike because my post "One Year Review: Black Mountain Cycles MCD" keeps getting hits consistently. That post I wrote in the Summer of 2019, so has anything changed since then? 

Well, not really. I did put the Redshift Sports ShockStop seat post on it, but that has since been swapped out to the original Whisky Parts Co. carbon post. I had been running when I built up the bike. I also swapped out the Spinergy wheels I had been using on the bike a lot during 2019 to the original Irwin Cycling wheels I started out with. I also got a Shimano GRX rear derailleur at the end of 2019 and installed it. This made the drive train a lot more stable and quiet. 

Besides those minor swaps and some wheels I used on the bike to get them reviewed, along with various tires, the bike is basically what it has been. It still handles well and I like the way it fits. I am considering lowering the stem and maybe lengthening it a touch, but that is just tweaking, nothing major going on here that needs 'fixing'. 

Basically the future for this pink MCD is to just to do basic maintenance and keep on truckin'. I'm toying with getting a new saddle on it, probably another WTB Volt or a Silverado, but this bike should remain as is for the foreseeable future.

No comments: