Monday, December 28, 2020

Rear View '20: In Images

 The 12 best images from the blog for 2020 as chosen by me, Guitar Ted. All decisions are final! (HA!) Not that this is a contest, but I have my opinion which may or may not align with yours. Here they are listed in order from January onward and a couple may have some commentary to go with them. Enjoy! 

An extra-long riding season which was carried over from 2019 resulted in this image from January  

February: Winter eventually came. This is from the old Sergeant Road bike trail which passed under that bridge on the right. All gone now.

March: On Leap Day I took Mrs. Guitar Ted to Decorah where I interviewed Marty Larson for the RGRR podcast. The last trip out of town for quite a while!

April: Pandemic induced lock-downs and social distancing. Getting away from the madness here in the Green Belt.

May: I had a great time testing this Salsa Cycles Stormchaser single speed bike. Here seen on Petrie Road.

June: More Petrie Road with the Fargo. Testing tires for Riding Gravel.

July: Petrie Road again! This from the "Learning To Fly" post.

August: Prairie Sunflowers in a ditch on Airline Highway.

September: Sunrise on Ford Road

October: Nesbit Road near Dunkerton, Iowa.

November: This farm flies this flag near Hudson, Iowa 24-7

December: A dramatic Sunset. Image taken about a block from G-Ted Headquarters.

Notes: I suppose I could have bombarded this 'Best Of' post with an image of a gravel road twelve times, but I tried to resist that as much as I could here. I also tried to stay away from all the "Quest" images that I could. Y'all know I rode a ton of gravel this year, but there were other worthwhile things I did and great images resulted. 

I also noted that most of the year was fairly lame in terms of quality imagery. There were a couple months where it was very difficult to choose an image because there were more than a few good ones. June and October come to mind, but other months there was really only the one I chose for this 'Best Of' effort. (January and December) I guess that means I need to step up my game in 2020.

4 comments:

teamdarb said...

Very well chosen photographs.

Guitar Ted said...

@teamdarb - Thank you!

MG said...

Those are some great shots, Brother. Cheers!!

Guitar Ted said...

@MG - Thanks Brother!