Saturday, October 30, 2021

Foul Weather Projects

Finding storage for these is one of but many tasks for the foul weather days ahead.
 This past week has been filled with rainy days. "Too wet to plow", as the farmers used to say. So, riding has been mostly off the menu and that leaves me with a lot of time on my hands of late. 

That means that I had to find something to do. There is only so much 'sitting around' that I can tolerate in a day. This prompted me to start in with some much needed, long put off projects in my 'shop' in my basement here at Guitar Ted Headquarters. 

I have already set my double arm work station 90° from where it was, cleaned out a corner that had accumulated a bunch of tires and wheels, and I have uncovered my tool box I brought home when I switched jobs in late 2019. Then I swept some of the floor, gathered together a pile of wheels I need to figure out storage for, and I am making plans for some ceiling mounted 'hooks' to do that with. Then it will be on to two other corners of the shop, a work bench clearing and cleaning, and then who knows what. 

I also have a couple of odd-ball bike ideas to tackle and I have one idea which, if I can pull it off, will be pretty weird, but rad. I don't know exactly how I am going to approach that idea yet, but I am pretty excited about what it could turn out to be. 

Anyway, I have a lot lined up for those days when it is just too nasty out to do any meaningful riding. Hopefully I don't get around to all of it because, well, I'd rather be riding. But these are things that would make the quality of shop life around here better and clear up a lot of space in the doing of those tasks. 

Stay tuned......

No comments: