Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Plugging Along

The Blackborow DS
Another week starts and another fat bike ride has taken place. I am still in 'knee re-hab' mode and things are going well. It's just that I feel like I am chasing my own tail a bit in this process. 

On the one hand, my initial deep tissue injury seems to be all good now. I was having some tenderness there along the inside of the left knee cap for a while, but now it seems strong and I feel confident on my feet again. Meanwhile something has kind of gotten inflamed or otherwise 'angry' behind my knee and it is something connected to my calf muscle. 

I know..... vague. I'm not a doctor, okay? If I had Mrs Guitar Ted in here writing this up you'd get the textbook terminology. She's smart. Me? I just know where it hurts, not what it is 'officially called'. 

Meanwhile it is forecast to get really cold for a spell. That will put the kibosh on my cycling for a bit. I expect that some of the repairs and projects I have going on will be getting a lot more attention in the coming days as January closes out. 

One of those will be the "Project Wide Gravel Wheels v3", which, of course, has to do something with my Standard Rando v2 and the Paul WORD Disc hub I will be reviewing here. The rear wheel is complete. I just need a free wheel, rotor, and a tire with some sealant to get that done. I have to wait on finances to clear up a bit before the free hub can be gotten, but it should be a White Industries 20T one when I get my hands on that. 

I have a couple of other things going on as well, so stay tuned.... 

No comments: