Sunday, January 23, 2022

Sixty-One

Self portrait. GT in his basement shop.
Well, it's THAT day again! The day on which I was born sixty-one years ago is today. So, in light of this auspicious occasion, I am going to take some time to reflect on a few things. Here we go, in no particular order....

  • Two years....well-almost two... of this pandemic is tiring. I feel like it has been 2020 forever. 
  • Last year was.....uggh! Last year was great too. Lots of changes happened. 
  • Working as a mover for a moving company part time here and there has been enlightening. You've no idea how hard these people work. Think about your toughest days on a bicycle. It's that hard- maybe harder- and those guys and gals do that five days a week. 
  • I still like riding bicycles- a lot! 
  • I still like playing guitar 
  • I still really enjoy writing. 
  • I love my family and count myself super-blessed to have a wife and two children that love me.

I have my health, such as it is. It is good, but sixty-one years and you know what? Things change. I'm not complaining. It is what it is. And that is mostly really good for my age. But I won't kid you- as you age, you'd better become acquainted with pain, changing performance of certain body parts, and hair management where you thought hair would never grow! Just kidding! A little......

Thanks for reading G-Ted Productions. I hope that you have an awesome day!

10 comments:

Phillip Cowan said...

Congrats on 61 trips around the big orange ball. I think I know what you mean about the hair management thing, haha.

hank said...

G-Ted, Howdy;

Congratulations on yet another successful orbit of the Sun!

Just ait till ya hit the 70's. chuckle

hank

MG said...

Happy Birthday, Brother!! I’m so thankful you were born. Love ya!!

Guitar Ted said...

@Phillip Cowan - LOL! Thank you!

Guitar Ted said...

hank - Thank you! I hope to have the privilege to be 70 and find out.

Guitar Ted said...

@MG - Thanks Brother! Love you too!

teamdarb said...

*Salute

blooddoc23 said...

Happy B day Guitar Ted!! Thank you for all your writings!

FarleyBob said...

Happy Birthday GT! I just turned sixty this fall and totally understand the hair thing. I always joke that I haven't lost any hair, it just moves around to different parts of my body!
I'm happy you still like writing because I still love reading your blog! Here's to even better days ahead!

Guitar Ted said...

@Farley Bob- Hey, thanks!