Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Bicycle As A Riding Device

Now there's a concept for ya! The bicycle as a means to get around. Seems obvious to me, and I know to a lot of other folks it does too.

The thing is, the bicycle seems to be the focus of a lot of negativity lately.

I don't know exactly what is going on. I have an idea it's got something to do with the lack of daylight hours lately. You know, people get all cranky when the sun sets at 5 o'clock. Or maybe it's just all this political stuff going on lately. That gets me a bit irritated too. All those ads getting blasted at me from every media outlet. "I'm Guitar Ted, and I approve this ad!" Whatever! I think that might make for a bit more negativity. That and all the high prices for everything. Money is tight, and monetary issues, well........you know. It gets people all uppity-tighty!

I just don't get why it's invading places like mtbr.com, Twenty Nine Inches, and other online bicycle forums lately. Whats the dealio? Some new bio/computer virus thingy? Whatever it is, it needs to stop.

It's just plain silly and you know.........maybe you should just get out and ride a bike! It's great. It's fun. It relieves stress and raises your spirits. I should know, I ride all the time and when I don't, I get cranky. Maybe the devil is in the keyboards of a million households. Maybe the idiot box is the modern day PC. (Apple users are exempt seemingly........HA!) Whatever it is, I am getting tired of it really fast.

Going out to ride to work now..........................you should be riding too!

On whatever bike you choose, just lighten up already, mmmmkay?

No comments: