Sunday, December 19, 2010

Guitar Ted Productions Rearview 2010: Part I

Oh Brother! Not Another Year End Review! Yes folks, it is time to start looking back on the year and looking forward to 2011. I'm going to spare you all the gory details and just talk about what I thought was awesome from the past year, and that doesn't mean all good stuff. There will be plenty of "awesomely bad" stuff mixed in here as well.

The Beginning of 2010: Well, the whole winter was snowy, cold, and it was even more snowy and cold, with outbreaks of really snowy and super-cold weather. Yeah, something like that! It was wearing pretty thin as far as Trans Iowa thoughts were going. I had lots of sponsor news, logistical news, and exciting news about being in a book about events and sports like Trans Iowa.

Then I started messing around with an idea I got late in 2009. I figured someone ought to list all the gravel grinders in one spot with links to the individual event websites/blogs. I figured I'd get about a dozen or so events. I started Gravel Grinder News using an old blog test site I had and the interest was much more than I thought it would be. So much so that I got an actual "dot-com" site up and running for it. So it goes that now I have opened a second page on the site that is a crude calendar of sorts. Anyway, it is what it is and I hope it continues to bring folks happiness in terms of gravely goodness needs.

Other than that, I got a couple cool rigs in to test for Twenty Nine Inches and registered for Gravel Worlds, Dirty Kanza, and a couple more events. It was my biggest, most ambitious race calender in my life. And I am not even a racer! Crazy me.

Next I'll talk some about the Springtime and the highlights from that. Might be a few days before I get to that though. Stay tuned!

No comments: