Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Bikes Of 2021: Noble Bikes GX5

   It's the end of the year and time to review what's up with the bikes I used over the course of 2021. You'll get a brief overview, any changes made, and what the future has in store for each bike listed. Enjoy!

The Noble GX5 is a bike many of you know well. It was a review bike at one point for RidingGravel.com, so the Standard Disclaimer must be pointed out in regard to it still being here, and of course, many of the parts are under that disclaimer as well since this is a test sled for Riding Gravel. 

So, since this bike gets the lions share of duties for my gig reviewing stuff, I ride it a fair amount. It also has a fair amount of components rotating in and out of service on it. There isn't much left here which is original equipment from Noble! 

I think I have to point to my "Tour of Black Hawk County" as being my number one most memorable ride on this bike so far. That was a ride I had been building up to for many weeks and I had made a few important tweaks to the bike to accommodate that ride and which helped make it successful.

I didn't take many images of the bike on my Tour of Black Hawk County, but the GX5 was an important part of my success that day.

Of course, there will be lots of changes, most likely, to this bike going forward. I'm not sure how long this rig will last- it being carbon fiber and all- so I am always keeping an eye out for a possible successor in metal to replace it with. That said, I am in no hurry to retire this bike. It represents current gravel bike themes very well, and it is not 'outdated' by any means. Until that happens, or until I finally get that dream bike in titanium, I think this one will do quite nicely for the time being. 

Next: The pink BMC

No comments: