Saturday, August 27, 2005

The Hornets Nest Has Been Disturbed!!!

Note: This was briefly posted up by mistake on Jeff Kerkove's blog! Sorry for any confusion that this might cause! A result of the days from when I was a contributor to his blog. Hit the wrong button! Whoops!....and now on to your regularly scheduled blog!

It seems that the recent action taking against Jeff by the director of the 24hrs of Adrenaline has stirred up a tidal wave of reaction amongst the endurance racing community. Although Jeff would not want to admit it, he is an extremely popular and influential racer. I think the whole enchilada is best summed up on a recent post by Jonathan Maus on his blogsite, entitled JustRiding Along.

On the topic of blogs. Sites like Jonathan's are a great example of what is happening in today's media. I like to call it the culture of the internet. It basically can be thought of as electronic word of mouth. You may have heard that there is no advertising like word of mouth. This is similar, it just gets around a little faster! The individual now has a voice that can affect the actions and policies of larger corporations and political entities. It's a powerful new way of communicating that can't be ignored.

Someday, I could even envision this blog being podcasted. I could give information as it happens. For instance, a cycling product that I want to be reviewed could be done on the fly, as it was being used. I wouldn't have to wait until I got around to a keyboard, and risk losing my thoughts and initial impressions.

And finally....... I saw this on the forums of mtbr.com. It is a new system of attaching spokes to a rim without drilling holes through the rim. It's one of those things that, when you see it, you say, "Why didn't someone think of this years ago!"

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!!

No comments: