Monday, December 19, 2005

Discuss Amongst Yourselves!

There is a pretty interesting discussion forum on Trans Iowa that was set up by Mr. 24 on mtbr.com. You should check it out if you are at all curious about getting insight into the crazed minds that make up Trans Iowa. I just can't explain it, you'll have to see for yourself!

I have re-evaluated my spec for the Inbred 29"er. After some careful consideration, I have found several parts that I can use off of existing 26" bikes or from my parts bin. This will keep the spending to a minimum. Now I can see that my major missing pieces are the fork, handlebars, and rims to use to build up the wheels. I'll be looking at the Bontrager Switchblade fork, Salsa Delgado Disc rims, (not available until February), and possibly a Salsa 11 degree bend handlebar, or something titanium. The "theme" of this bike is to get as many little accents of annodized aluminum on it as I can. You know, different colored bits. So far I have purple hubs, pink headset, green skewers, blue cranks, and red chainring bolts on board. Looking to add some orange, gold, grey/pewter, or whatever. I'd consider waterbottle cages if they didn't eventually leave a mess on my waterbottles, but I'm weird that way.

Okay, time to "suit up" and get ready to ride to work! It's 9 below, ya'all!

No comments: