Friday, April 01, 2011

Friday News And Views: AKA "I'm Not Gonna Do It!"

Oh You Know What Day It Is! This is that day when you wake up groggy, grab a cuppa joe, and read your daily bloggage/news/favorite website, and see something incredible. Then you run off to work, all excited, waiting to tell your co-workers all about it. Or worse yet- you Tweet it or Facebook it, only to find out you have been "pwnd" by another April Fool's fakery.

Well, I ain't a gonna do that to you! 

But if I did.....I might say something like, "I'm not doing the Renegade Gents Race tomorrow", (I am),  or I might say something like, "Trans Iowa has been canceled", (it hasn't), but I wouldn't do that.

At any rate, be careful what you read and see today. It very well could be a fake!


Gearing Up: I am in the midst of putting a geared drive train on the BMC today, and hopefully, by this evening, I'll have it done, so I can ride it Saturday in the wilds west of Ankeny.

I picked up a non-series compact Shimano crank, and am mating this with a 12-32T cassette of some unknown SRAM model, and that will be shifted by a long cage Ultegra derailleur. I  have some Ultegra 9spd "brifters" to do the shifty thing and slow me down. This meant I had to swap out the rear wheel, (temporarily), to a Bontrager Race model to accommodate the 9 speed cassette, which the old Sante' hub can not handle, unfortunately. Eventually, the wheels will be replaced again, and I have a couple of things in mind for that. Stay tuned...........

A Wee Bit Over Three Weeks: Trans Iowa V7 kicks off in a bit over three weeks from now. That means we must be dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's" on this deal. Look for an update tomorrow on something special that will be happening at T.I.V7 this year.

Snow Dog Down Count: 37 Days And Counting......

2 comments:

Captain Bob said...

Good seeing you yesterday. Pretty sad when I guys needs help swapping tires....... :-) Really, it was good seeing you. No joke!
Have a great weekend Mark!

Guitar Ted said...

@Captain Bob: You have a great weekend to, my friend. Hope that arm heals well and quickly.

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with for frame bags!